Video Contest Terms & Conditions
HotSchedules My Life, My Schedule Video Contest, Season 3 Official Rules, Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER.
HotSchedules My Life, My Schedule Video Contest, Season 3 (“Contest”) begins on July 1, 2012 and ends at midnight on August 30, 2012 (“Contest Entry Period”).
Video entry must demonstrate, show, describe or represent with images, words, music or other an example or experience of someone using or benefitting from the use of HotSchedules Team, Workforce, Digital Logbook, GoHire, Mobile Apps, Customer Care or Add-On Features.
HOW TO ENTER:
1) Upload their entry to YouTube
2) Fully complete and submit an online entry form at www.hotschedules.com/contest and upload their YouTube video entry.
ADDITIONAL ENTRY INFORMATION:
- Video entries must be three minutes or less in length.
- The prize(s) will be awarded to the Entrant, not to the person(s) shown in the video submission.
- Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to accept or reject entries that do not comply with the format, time, and length limitations.
- HotSchedules (the “Sponsor”) is not responsible for entries not received by the close of the contest.
- If the Entry was performed by you and other individuals, the individual, who submits the Entry will be designated as the “Team Leader” and all additional individuals appearing or heard in the video, if any, will be deemed “Team Members”.
- Entries must include a valid e-mail address for the Team Leader. The Team Leader and Team Members collectively are defined as “Team” or “Entrant”. The Team must be the sole creator of the Entry, including all music, lyrics, production and other elements. If a Team is selected as a Semi-Finalist, Finalist and/or Grand Prize Winner, Sponsor will notify the Team Leader. Once the Entry is submitted, the Team cannot change the Team Leader. Each Team is solely responsible for its own cooperation and teamwork. In no event will Sponsor officiate in any dispute regarding the conduct or cooperation of any Team or Team Member.
- All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Entries submitted in violation of the contest entry rules will not be considered, including inappropriate or offensive entries, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Other than those owned by Sponsor, company names, trademarks and/or logos, photographs, artwork and any other copyrighted materials, and the name, voice or likeness of any person not on the Team (collectively, Third Party Intellectual Property”) may not be included in any Entry submitted. Any Entry submitted with any Third Party Intellectual Property, by way of example (a Team Leader or Team Member included in the Entry is wearing branded merchandise with any brand logo) may be disqualified if such use is deemed inappropriate, impermissible or illegal, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- By submitting an Entry, each Team Leader and Team Member: 1) irrevocably grants Sponsor the royalty-free right throughout the world to use, re-use, copy, publish, republish in whole or in part, edit, add to, modify, and rearrange the Entry in whatever media, including without limitation edit, rearrange, and/or copy the Entry for use in the promotion of Sponsor’s products and services, without further permission, consideration or payment to the Entrant, except where prohibited; 2) warrants and represents that the Entry is 100% the original creation/work by the Entrant and that use of the Entry as described herein will not violate any law or infringe upon the rights, title, claim or interest of any third party; and 3) certify that Team Leader and/or Team is the creator and sole copyright owner of the video. Further, all individuals appearing in the video must be at least 18 years of age, or have parent/guardian permission and must have consented to the submission of the Entry into this Contest.
ELIGIBILITY (for Team Leader and all Team Members):
This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older who are not: (i) represented under a contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) either at the time of entry or at any time since 1/1/12; (ii) subject to an acting, modeling or any other contract that would make his/her appearance in the work a violation of any third-party rights; or (iii) under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to any guild or union memberships, that would in any way limit or impair Sponsor’s ability to display or use his/her Entry, name, likeness or any work that he/she has created for the Contest in any media form, in perpetuity on a royalty-free basis, without any payment of fee obligations of any kind. Employees of Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, sales representatives, advertising, promotion, and judging agencies and all other service agencies involved with this Contest, and members of the immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse) or households (whether or not related) of any of the above are not eligible.
JUDGING AND PRIZES
After all videos are submitted, they will be posted on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. They will also be posted on our website. Every YouTube ‘Like’ will be counted as a point. (‘Dislikes’ are not counted). All entries will also be judged by Employees of HotSchedules, with each vote worth 2 points. There will also be an early submission bonus. The first 3 entries submitted will receive 10 points each. The video with the most points at the end of the voting period will be announced the winner.
ONE GRAND PRIZE
The Grand Prize consists of a $1500.00 cash award to the Entrant (paid to the Team Leader). Should Sponsor decide to produce the Grand Prize Winning Entry in any form of commercial advertisement, the Grand Prize Winning Entrant acknowledges and agrees that he/she/they will have no creative or financial involvement or input in the production of said commercial advertisement and will not receive any initial or residual payment or compensation for such production beyond the prize amounts stated herein. These Official Rules do not constitute an employment agreement.
TWO FINALIST PRIZES
The 2 runners up to the Grand Prize will be awarded $500.00 (2nd place) and $300.00 (3rd place) paid to the Entrant (Team Leader). Should Sponsor decide to produce either Finalist Winning Entries in any form of commercial advertisement, the Finalist Winning Entrants acknowledge and agree that he/she/they will have no creative or financial involvement or input in the production of said commercial advertisement and will not receive any initial or residual payment or compensation for such production beyond the prize amounts stated herein. These Official Rules do not constitute an employment agreement.
Total ARV of all prizes: $2300.00
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- By entering this Contest, all Entrants agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, judges, and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees or representatives from and against any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, harm, damage (including but not limited to property damage, personal injury and/or death), claims, actions, costs and expenses (including without limitation, all attorneys’ fees and court costs) arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with any prize or resulting from participation in this Contest or from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize or participation in any prize-related activity or use by Sponsor of the Entry in any manner.
- In the event any Finalist Team Member is a minor under applicable state law, the parent or legal guardian will be required to sign all required documents stated herein.
- Submission of a Contest Entry will constitute and signify the Entrant’s agreement and consent (or that of parent or legal guardian if Entrant is an eligible minor under applicable law) that the Sponsor and/or the Sponsor’s assignees may use the Entry, name, photograph, likeness and/or prize information for promotional purposes in commerce and in all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed without time limitation and without further compensation, except where prohibited.
- Submission of a Contest Entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the Entry in any way, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter invented, without time limitation and without further consideration to the Entrant.
- Submission of any Entry further constitutes the Entrant’s (or his/her parent’s or guardian’s) consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in and to the Entry, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights.
- All Prize Winners are solely responsible for any local, state, or federal taxes on prizes. Void where prohibited.
- If, for any reason, this Contest is not capable of running as planned by any cause which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, or if due to any technical, production or other error, more prizes are claimed or awarded than are described in these Official Rules at any prize level, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest and determine the Winners from entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.
- No more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules will be awarded.
- By entering, Entrants agree and consent: (a) that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with this Contest, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and (b) to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Austin, Texas.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant, such Entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e mail address.
- Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for lost, late, stolen, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, or non-delivered entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, or miscommunications, or failed computer, network, telephone, satellite, or cable hardware, software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information.
- Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of Website.
- Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds may be tampering with the entry process or operation of this Contest or Website, may be acting in violation of the terms of the Website or the Official Rules or may be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person.
- Any attempt to deliberately damage any Website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its agents.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING ENTRANTS ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST INTERNET SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURSIDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
For the names of the Winners, available after September 30, 2012, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with proper postage affixed to: HotSchedules My Life, My Schedule III Winners List, HotSchedules, 6504 Bridgepoint Parkway, Suite 425 Austin, TX 78730. Requests must be received by 12/31/12. Winners list will be sent after all Winners have been verified.
HotSchedules, 6504 Bridgepoint Parkway, Suite 425 Austin, TX 78730